Gary P. Caruso
Mediation Practice Information
To schedule or inquire about a mediation with Mr.
Caruso, please contact legal assistant Elly
Direct Dial: 724-925-1123
Please mail all hard copy submissions for
Judge Gary P. Caruso to:
145 Woodlow Drive,
Belle Vernon, PA 15012
To contact Mr. Caruso directly, please call
724-244-7722 or email
- Graduated Cum Laude from Waynesburg College in 1970 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, receiving departmental honors and served as President of the Student Body in 1969-70
- President of the Phi Sigma Kappa Fraternity
- Juris Doctor's Degree from Duquesne
University's Law School in 1973
- noblemediation, LLC - Mediator and
- Judge Caruso is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Before being elected Judge of the Court of
Common Pleas of Westmoreland County in November
of 1985, he had a general practice of law in
Monessen and Rostraver Township, Westmoreland
- Served as the solicitor for the Belle
Vernon Area School District, the Borough of
North Belle Vernon, the Monessen Ambulance
Service and the Monessen Volunteer Fire
- Assistant Public Defender in Westmoreland
County for three years.
- He served as President Judge of the Court of Common Pleas of Westmoreland County in the years 2012, 2013 and 2014.
During the course of his more than 28 year judicial career Judge Caruso has presided over every type of case in the Civil Court, Orphans’ Court, Family Court and Criminal Court. He has presided over thousands of conciliations in each type of case.
In 2008 Judge Caruso received a certification of his completion of a 40 hour course in Civil Mediation from The National Judicial College. He is now engaged in Mediation throughout Pennsylvania.
- Past President of the Pennsylvania Conference of State Trial Judges (2000-2001).
- Served the Conference as Secretary, Treasurer, Second Vice President, First Vice President, President Elect and Immediate Past President.
- Past Chairman of the Legislative Committee of the Pennsylvania Conference of State Trial Judges.
- Past member of the Out of State Education Committee.
- Past Chairman of the Orphans’ Court Section of the Pennsylvania Conference of State Trial Judges.
- Member of the Ad Hoc Committee to the Pennsylvania Orphan’s Court Rules Committee.
- Past member of the Pennsylvania Conference of State Trial Judges Ethics Committee.
- Past member of the Pennsylvania Conference of State Trial Judges Education Committee.
- Past member of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court Judicial Council.
- Past member of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court Committee on Judicial Education.
- Past member of the Pennsylvania Futures Commission.
- Past member of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania Judicial Education Curriculum Committee.
- Past Commissioner on the Pennsylvania Commission on Sentencing.
Judge Caruso is a member of the Westmoreland County and Pennsylvania Bar Associations and is a member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee. He is also a member of the Westmoreland County Mediation Academy and the Mediation Council of Western Pennsylvania. He is a member of the Board of Governors of the Duquesne Law School Law Alumni Association. Judge Caruso has been appointed as a Hearing Committee Member serving the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
Judge Caruso is also a member of the Board of Directors of Community Foundation of Westmoreland County. Judge Caruso is a past President and a current member of the Board of Directors of the Southwestern Pennsylvania Human Services, Inc.; a current member of the Board of Directors of Southwestern Behavioral Health Care, a past member of the Saint Vincent Prevention Project Advisory Board; Inc.; and a current member of the Board of Directors of the BVA Charitable Fund. He was a former member of the Board of Directors of the Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association.